Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Activity For Pickle

Chrys is the chrysalid on the stick at the top, and Pickle went from J mode to chrysalid this afternoon, and attatched to the one milkweed leaf on the lower level.
He did more squirming than the others did, and I said maybe he just couldn't get comfortable to be in that position for a few weeks.

In the meanwhile, Applebutter was in the other jar with Beachy, and munched on leaves all day. I think he will make it yet!



3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

It looks like you about as busy taking care of Monarchs as I am!

Miriam said...

I'm not a busy as you are with 40!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting my first butterfly. I think it should be in the next few days.

I enjoyed catching up on your site and seeing your chrysalis and caterpillars. When do you expect your first butterfly?

(You had me worried when I read chrysalid instead of chrysalis. I thought I was using the incorrect tense, but the dictionary says they are interchangable.)