Monday, September 10, 2007

Pickle Is A Boy!

When we came home yesterday afternoon, Pickle had eclosed, and was ready for the release. The shell is hanging empty beside him.
When he spread his wings, I saw I was right again, and he indeed, was a boy!

I took him outside and this time I got him to the wishing well where the flowers are. He rested there for a few hours before he took off.
Once again the empty shell hangs suspended, attatched to the stick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fatalities yet, although I'm kind of concerned about the one attached to the aquarium glass. Did you lose any?

Maybe our boys and girls will get together in Mexico - or on the way there!

Whitney said...

sheila's married name is hess. she's my math 101 professor.

(i think)

Anonymous said...

I just released my last one - 11 girls and 2 boys.

Today there were two Monarchs on my butterfly bush. I wonder if they were any of mine.