Monday, May 29, 2006

See What Hatched!

This morning when I walked over to the counter in the kitchen, I thought I saw a little Ant, so as I was ready to "take care of it", I thought it dosen't look like an Ant after all, and on closer observation, I saw it was a Preying Mantis!!! The Sac Lois had brought us several weeks ago was still on the counter top, and the one side was flattened out. I rescued at least six of them and put them outside. My camera isn't as good as Lois's, so it is harder to see the little Preying Mantis, but there he is ! A few of them escaped before I got them, and I am afraid they don't have a chance, but.....
... I placed the sac outside by the Impatiens so that if there are any more to hatch - they have a chance to "make it".

1 comment:

Lois Ann said...

Wow! I had read that some of them take weeks to come out, but with so many of them having come out at my place, I figured it had to be empty. Glad there were some left for you!