Sunday, June 01, 2008

Fifty Years

After church today, we headed up the Mountain to the "Maust Cabin" for lunch with the families of Francis and Leanora, to celebrate their 50th. Wedding Anniversary.
Their kids said they had to cut the cake and feed each other a piece.
The "Witnesses" were Emily (on the left of Francis), and missing was her escort for the wedding, Monroe. Markel and I were the other couple (we are to the right of Leanora). I am holding the "hankie" I carried at the time of the wedding, and Emily has a small piece of the lavender material our dresses were made of.
There was cake and ice cream for everyone that came in the afternoon to share in the celebration.
Here are groups of people that came , helping themselves to food.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Thanks for the pictures. I worked for Francis & Lenora a couple of weeks when Roland was born. The pictures were very interesting. Marlene