Saturday, January 05, 2008

I'm Back!

Dinner is being prepared on Sunday when we had our "gathering". Here Ken holds the strainer for Deb when she makes the gravy.
Kristen volunteered to read the Christmas Story from Luke 2 before we opened gifts. She did a very good job !
Naomi had help from Emma and Rachel opening her gifts while Ken and Phebe looked on.
Part of the group ( on one side of the room) while gifts were being opened. In back: Kendall, Deb, Karen and Urbane. In front: Whitney, Henry and Lois. Dayne in the foreground. A few hours after this scene, Markel, Deb and Kendall took me to the ER with fever etc. and I ended up being admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. I missed the Bell Ringing at The Casselman on New Year's Eve and ended up watching the Ball drop (from my hospital room on TV). I left on Dec 30, 2007, and returned home on Jan 2, 2008! I am doing better now!
The last ones to leave were Lois and Jason. They sat down and played a game of Scrabble with Markel before Lois left. Jason was last to leave on Friday morning. It was good to have the kids all here (except Julia and her family) !

No comments: