Saturday, January 08, 2011

Over The Holidays

The center of attention over the Holidays seemed to be Chloe. Pa got to meet her for the first time.
We were all together on December 31. Here Whitney and Ben have Chloe.
Everyone was to come in their PJs. April and Sarah came as twins.
Urbane was in charge of the gift exchange, using Scrabble tiles to decide who goes when of the adults.
Aunt Debbie had help from Emma to make the gravy for our turkey dinner.
In the evening we went to The Casselman, where we gathered with other extended family members and friends to sing in the New Year, and ring the bell at midnight. There was lots of food brought in, and was it good !!!
Sarah and Kristen stayed wide awake, but Emma and Rachel were up long past their bedtime !!!
Little Chloe was in church on Sunday, where Tammy and Diane got to meet her.
On Tuesday evening I was at the Bridal Shower for Lesa (she is getting married to Keith, Markel's great-nephew).
On Wednesday I went with Phebe, Emma, Rachel and Evan to Joanna's house. She gave them each a gift that she took from her Antique Shop ( that she now has closed).
Rachel and Emma got to drink hot chocolate from the cup and saucers they got from her.
She got out the marble rack and marbles for them to play with. Evan enjoyed it so much !
Now the Holidays are over, and things are supposed to get back to "normal" again ! I miss my little Granddaughter, Chloe, so much !!! I would like to hold her, and cuddle her !!!

This morning we had a new coat of sparkling snow over everything when I looked out the front door. I guess we are back to reality !!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good thing she'll be back up as soon as the van is done. There's always plenty of room here when you want to come visit.