Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What A Day!

This morning when we left the house before daybreak (6:30) for an appointment at Morgantown, I told Markel that for once I am not forgetting the cell phone, and I have the camera with me, too. It was a good idea I had both in my possession so I had them available for use today.
We were on our way back East, just on this side of Cheat Lake, when we heard a "POP", and lost power. We didn't get very far when it seemed no use to try to get to the top of the hill, and we spied a good turn off space at the side of 68. If it had to happen, this was just the spot for it to happen!!!
Markel remembered the phone number for Hill Top, so I called Raymond on the cell phone, and he sent Roy out to come to our rescue! On the way to Grantsville, Roy dropped off Markel at Old Morgantown Road, and Markel walked the 1 1/2 miles to our house (his route for the 3 mile walk he takes) . He picked up the other car and came and got me at The Casselman Inn where Roy had dropped me off on his way to the garage. Oh, what a day! But everything turned out all right, and we are happy to be home "safe and sound", and the car towed into the garage!

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Glad to hear the stroke victim can still recall important numbers at the right time! And glad you're home safe and sound. Any word about what's wrong with the car?

Miriam said...

No news on the car yet. When I asked Roy what he thinks, he just said "It's broke"!

Deborah Jean said...

On another note, how was the doctor appointment? Glad you are home safely.